Oil Free Warm Chili Dressing! Fast, simple, and flavorful are all the words we want to hear when it come to dressings, and this wholesome one totally delivers.
Quick and easy, this Oil Free Warm Chili Dressing is light, zippy, and sweet with hints of aromatic chili flavor. It’s a great oil-free, low-fat dressing that works well with all kinds of salads.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
Mom and I used to love a great Hot Chili Oil Dressing back in the day. We wanted to create a WFPB version with a twist and without the oil (obviously). So we landed on this hybrid version that we think hit just the spot. This is a great, flavorful dressing to add to your low-fat and oil-free repertoire.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: The dressing is lightly zippy and sweet with undertones of chili flavor. This dressing is thin as designed; plus, it is oil-free and low-fat.
- Warm/Hot Chili Dressing: This dressing was inspired after a hot chili oil which is heated, then poured over salads, tofu, or other food items. This dressing can be eaten hot, warm, room temperature, or cold. Leftovers should be refrigerated.
- Regular Chili Powder: Feel free to use your favorite chili powder, just be sure to select a mild one and not one that has a lot of heat to it. Feel free to ramp up the chili powder if you want more chili flavor.
- Taste Testing Salad Dressings: There is an art to arriving at the salad dressing that perfectly suits your tastes. The best way to test salad dressings is to place a few leaves of lettuce (or other greens) in a tiny bowl, put a tiny bit of the salad dressing over top and mix really well, then taste test. Some salad dressings taste amazing before you dress the salad, then once dressing the salad, they fall flat. That is because the salad dressing has to cover all the salad ingredients and it flattens the flavor. Additionally, some salad dressings taste really tangy or overly strong before dressing the salad, but once you dress the salad, it coats all the ingredients and tastes amazing.
- Salad Fixings:
- Romaine lettuce
- Sliced cucumbers
- Sliced green onions (or thinly sliced red onions)
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Julienned carrots
- Finely sliced green cabbage (or red cabbage) optional
- Chickpeas (with a sprinkle of paprika for color)
- Shaved pickled garlic (optional)
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 5 to 7 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dressing cannot be frozen.
- Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also use chickpea miso for a soy free version.
- Whisk or fork
If you try this flavorful dressing, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
Quick and easy, this Oil Free Warm Chili Dressing is light, zippy, and sweet with hints of aromatic chili flavor.
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (+/-)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ¾ teaspoons regular chili powder (+/-) *
- 1 Tablespoon white miso *
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place all the Ingredients into a bowl, whisk well until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste the dressing, adjust the flavors as needed.
- Allow to set for 5 minutes to allow the chili to infuse.
- Optional: Heat in the microwave or on the stove top to the desired temperature, then serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes ¾ cup of dressing
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.