Oil Free Vegan Dilly Ranch Dressing! Ranch lovers unite! This vibrant dressing with the quintessential ranch flavors just got a healthy glow-up!
Simple, healthy, and delicious, this Oil Free Vegan Dilly Ranch Dressing is brimming with herbaceous and bright flavors. Fresh dill and chives shine in this rich and creamy dressing. Similar to a creamy Ranch dressing, this fresh dilly version is a worthy addition to your dressing repertoire. The perfect complement to any salad drizzling, veggie dipping, or plant-based nugget dunking.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This deliciously creamy and dreamy Dilly Ranch dressing is so yummy! Yasmeen ate it all up. We loved the herbaceous flavors from the fresh dill and chives.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This oil-free dressing is full of dilly ranch flavors. The dill flavor is prominent with undertones of chive. It is a very creamy dressing.
- Cashew Substitutions: You can try your typical cashew substitutions like silken tofu, white beans or other nuts and seeds with the understanding that the flavor and texture will change accordingly. We have not tested any substitutions.
- Taste Testing Salad Dressings: There is an art to arriving at the salad dressing that perfectly suits your tastes. The best way to test salad dressings is to place a few leaves of lettuce (or other greens) in a tiny bowl, put a tiny bit of the salad dressing over top and mix really well, then taste test. Some salad dressings taste amazing before you dress the salad, then once dressing the salad, the salad falls flat. That is because the salad dressing has to cover all the salad ingredients which then flattens the flavor of the dressing. Additionally, some salad dressings taste really tangy or overly strong before dressing the salad, but once you dress the salad, it coats all the ingredients and tastes amazing.
- Fresh Dill: We used one of those prepackaged fresh dill that comes in a .5 oz. cellophane package in the refrigerated herb section of the grocery store. That measured into roughly ½ cup packed. We discarded the really large stems but threw the smaller stems into the high-speed blender along with the dill fronds.
- Dried Dill Weed: This recipe will work with dry dill weed. We suggest starting with 1 teaspoon and building from there.
- Fresh Chives: We used one of those prepackaged fresh chives that comes in a .5 oz. cellophane package in the refrigerated herb section of the grocery store. That measured into roughly ½ cup.
- Freeze Dried Chives: This recipe will work with freeze dried chives. We suggest starting with one tablespoon and building from there.
- Amount of Sea Salt: Our family was totally divided over the amount of sea salt that this dressing needed to be perfectly seasoned. We landed on ¾ teaspoon. We suggest starting on the low-end and building from there.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dressing does not freeze well.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- High-speed blender
Simple, healthy, and delicious, this Oil Free Vegan Dilly Ranch Dressing is brimming with herbaceous and bright flavors.
- ½ cup [raw] cashews
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant milk
- .5 oz. fresh dill *
- .5 oz. fresh chives *
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ to ¾ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (+/-)
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with boiling water, then allow to soak for 15 minutes, then drain off the water (discard). Place the soaked cashews into a high-speed blender.
- Place all the remaining Base Ingredients and Spice/Herb Ingredients into the high-speed blender, blend on high for several minutes until emulsified and smooth.
- Taste test and add adjust seasonings/ingredients accordingly. Serve over your favorite salad greens or as a dip for your favorite fresh/roasted veggies, baked tofu, or baked potatoes/”fries.”
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 1 cup
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.