No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls! This satisfying sweet treat is the simple snack we’ve been craving.
Packed with plant-protein and healthy fats for energy, these No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls are a delicious and come together quickly. Chia seeds, flaxseed meal, rolled oats, and peanut butter are the perfect snack when you need a quick pick-me-up to power through until your next meal.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
We love this little poppable snack. Easy to make and full of nutritious ingredients, these little energy balls are so tasty and are great to keep in the fridge (or freezer) for those times when you need something quick to get you through until your next meal.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: These delicious energy balls are healthy and delicious. Chia seeds, flaxseed meal, rolled oats, and peanut butter are the perfect snack when you need a quick pick-me-up to power through until your next meal.
- Peanut Butter Amount: Take a small amount of the mixture and roll into a ball. Test to see if you are happy with the amount of peanut butter that holds the energy balls together. If you wish, you can add a little bit more peanut butter to fit your personal preference.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep 10 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
These energy balls freeze well.
- Mini Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips: We used Enjoy Life Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. You can use your favorite chocolate chips with this recipe. Or chop up your favorite chocolate bar.
Packed with plant-protein and healthy fats for energy, these No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls are a delicious and come together quickly.
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant oats)
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons to 6 teaspoons chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened peanut butter (+/-) *
- 4 Tablespoons pure maple syrup (+/-)
- ¼ to ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional) *
- Place all the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) into a large bowl, mix by hand until everything is well combined. Test the batter by pinching the mixture to see if it holds together firmly. If too sticky, add a tiny bit more oats (1 teaspoon at a time).If too dry, add a tiny bit more maple syrup (1/2 teaspoon at a time) or peanut butter (1 teaspoon at a time). Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop up 1 rounded tablespoon of the mixture, roll into a firm ball and set on a parchment paper lined plate.Repeat until all the mixture has been rolled into balls.
- Place the plate in the refrigerator for an hour to allow the cookie balls to firm up. Once firm, store them in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to two weeks. They are also freezer friendly up to 4 months.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Servings: Makes 20 energy balls
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.