Easy Vegan Veggie Alfredo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash! Say hello to our new favorite fall meal that we just can’t get enough of.
Rich, creamy, and healthy, this Easy Vegan Veggie Alfredo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is a fun way to incorporate veggies in an irresistible way. The best part is that it is super easy to make, no high-speed blender needed for this cashew butter-based sauce. You’ll have the family seated at the table in a flash.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
We recently had a reader write to us requesting an alfredo sauce that was rich and creamy, but she did not have a high-speed blender. Cashew butter to the rescue. This alfredo sauce is absolutely delicious. We used it to top oven roasted spaghetti squash.
We all loved it. Dad gave it a perfect 10, which is super duper rare!
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This is a delicious alfredo sauce made from cashew butter.
- Cashew Butter: This recipe was specifically designed to use cashew butter. It was created for readers who do not have a high-speed blender but wanted to make a cashew “cream” based alfredo sauce.
- Cashew Butter Substitutions: We do not have any substitutions for this recipe as it was designed specifically to use cashew butter.
- Broccoli: Fresh or frozen broccoli can be used in this dish. The key is to steam/cook the broccoli to the desired tenderness before adding to the sauce.
- Veggies: You can substitute the broccoli for your favorite veggies. We just suggest that you do not add more than 2 cups of veggies to the sauce.
- Spaghetti Squash: We used 2 medium spaghetti squash, split in half. Each individual was served ½ of a spaghetti squash. If you use large spaghetti squash, then consider doubling the sauce recipe. Note: Whenever doubling a recipe, do not double the sea salt, go on the lighter side, you can always add more.
- Italian Seasoning: The Italian Seasoning is optional. We added it for a little extra flavor. The sauce is flavorful without it, but it does add great dimension. Feel free to leave it out if you wish or add your own herb spin to this recipe.
- Saltiness: When you initially taste the sauce, it may appear overly salty. That is because the sauce has to coat/cover the spaghetti squash. After mixing in with the spaghetti sauce, it will taste perfectly seasoned; however, feel free to adjust the sea salt. You can always add more to individual servings.
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese (Optional): If you really want to kick this recipe up a notch even further, feel free to add a generous sprinkle of Vegan Parmesan Cheese. We used our Vegan Parmesan Cheese Feel free to use your favorite recipe.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep 4 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
The alfredo sauce can be frozen.
- Cashew Butter: We used Artisana Organic Raw Vegan Cashew Butter. Feel free to use your favorite raw cashew butter in this recipe. Read the label, make sure the only ingredient is raw cashews. Do not use a salted or sweetened cashew butter.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
- Large skillet
- Baking sheet (for the spaghetti squash)
If you try this nourishing and flavorful dish, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
Rich, creamy, and healthy, this Easy Vegan Veggie Alfredo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is a fun way to incorporate veggies in an irresistible way.
- 2 Tablespoons [raw] cashew butter *
- 2 cups unsweetened plain plant milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning (+/-) *
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 spaghetti squash *
- 1 ½ cups frozen small broccoli florets (steamed) *
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Bake the spaghetti squash per our How to Bake a Spaghetti Squash recipe, set aside.
- Steam the small broccoli florets until they reach the desired tenderness, set aside.
- In a large skillet, add all the Base Ingredients and the Spice/Herb Ingredients, heat over medium heat for several minutes, whisking constantly to incorporate and dissolve the cashew butter into the sauce.
- Make the slurry by placing the cornstarch (or arrowroot powder) into a small bowl, add the water, whisk well to combine, and dissolve the cornstarch, set aside.
- Bring the skillet mixture to a boil, then immediately lower to medium heat, stir in the cornstarch slurry, stirring constantly to thicken the sauce. Stir for several minutes.
- Add the steamed small broccoli florets, gently stir, allow to simmer for several minutes. Serve over baked spaghetti squash.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.