Asparagus Tomato Salad with Dijon Dressing! Looking for a stand out dish? This vibrant and refreshing salad is sure to wow.
A touch of elegance without any of the fuss, this Asparagus Tomato Salad with Dijon Dressing is easy to make and utterly delicious. Tender-crisp asparagus, fresh tomatoes, zesty red onion slivers, and toasty almond slices tossed with a fabulous oil-free, creamy Dijon dressing makes for the perfect side salad or dinner paired with a side of your favorite complex carb. It will blow your mind!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This salad boasts all the must haves: texture, taste, and ease. Warm asparagus, juicy sweet tomatoes, zippy red onions, and crunchy slivered almonds dressed in a creamy dijon dressing makes for a light and elevated salad.
If you are looking for a new salad to try, this is one you don’t want to miss! It’s unbelievably delicious! We couldn’t get enough of it.
Tips for Success:
- Flavor: The salad dressing is a lightly Dijon flavored dressing with undertones of horseradish. It has delicious slightly tangy punches from the distilled white vinegar. It is also lightly creamy from the cashews. The warm asparagus coupled with the room temperature tomato halves and red onions, then topped with toasted almond slices makes for a fantastic salad experience.
- Taste Testing Salad Dressings: There is an art to arriving at the salad dressing that perfectly suits your tastes. The best way to test salad dressings is to place a few leaves of lettuce (or other greens) in a tiny bowl, put a tiny bit of the salad dressing over top and mix really well, then taste test. Some salad dressings taste amazing before you dress the salad, then once dressing the salad, the salad falls flat. That is because the salad dressing has to cover all the salad ingredients which then flattens the flavor of the dressing. Additionally, some salad dressings taste really tangy or overly strong before dressing the salad, but once you dress the salad, it coats all the ingredients and tastes amazing.
- How to Toast Almond Slices: Place the almond slices into a flat skillet, heat over medium heat, lightly stirring until the almonds start to smell fragrant and become lightly golden. Stir constantly to avoid burning. Immediately remove from the skillet as the skillet will continue to toast the almond slices from the residual heat which could potentially burn the almond slices.
Leftovers and Freezing:
This salad will generally keep for up to 3 to 4 days undressed in the refrigerator. Store in a tightly covered container.
This salad cannot be frozen.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Large skillet
A touch of elegance without any of the fuss, this Asparagus Tomato Salad with Dijon Dressing is easy to make and utterly delicious.
- 1 to 1.5 lbs. fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 12 to 15 cherry (or grape) tomatoes, halved (+/-)
- Red onion, very thinly sliced (to taste)
- 1 recipe Oil Free Creamy Dijon Dressing
Optional Topping Ingredients:
- 1/8 to ¼ cup toasted almond slices
- Make the Oil Free Creamy Dijon Dressing, set aside.
- Place one cup of water into a large skillet, bring to a boil. Add the cut asparagus Boil uncovered for approximately 3 to 5 minutes until tender-crisp (or they have reached the desired tenderness). Drain, lightly rinse with a splash of cold water to stop the cooking process, set aside.
- Place the blanched/cooked asparagus pieces, halved cherry tomatoes, and red onion slivers into a large bowl, drizzle with some of the Dijon dressing and gently toss.
- Then arrange the salad mixture onto a serving platter. Drizzle with additional Dijon dressing. Then top with a generous sprinkle of toasted almond slices. Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Servings: Makes 3-4 small side salads or 2 medium salads
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.