Simple Herbed Mushrooms! If you are a mushroom lover, then this herbaceous deliciousness is just for you!
A perfect side dish for dinner or piled high in a veggie bowl, this flavorful, oil-free Simple Herbed Mushrooms dish is sure to get those taste buds tingling. Earthy mushrooms infused with harvest herbs and sautéed to perfection is just what you need. Bonus it only has minimal ingredients and is low-fat. You simply won’t believe how easy it is to make and how crazy good it tastes!
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
Hi there, Ameera here!
OK, it’s no secret that I am not a huge mushroom fan. Both Mom and Dad are mushroom fiends; they LOVE mushrooms. I used to turn my nose up to them. It’s a textural thing for me, but since going Whole Food Plant Based, I’ve come to enjoy them.
I love the herbs used in this mushroom dish. They totally compliment the earthy mushrooms and make for a great side dish. That little bit of mushroom broth left after sautéing them is totally spoon worthy! LOL
Dad devoured these mushrooms and wanted to know when we can have them again. They are just so simple to make. They hardly deserve a recipe, but no worries, we created one because even though they are crazy simple, we want you to enjoy their deliciousness as well.
Dad wanted our Readers to know that he is a seasoned mushroom lover, and he thoroughly enjoyed them. He literally ate the whole dish. Which honestly, wouldn’t be difficult as the dish only serves about 2 – 3 as a side. He literally made a meal out of them. LOL
Give this recipe a try. It is crazy awesome!
More Delicious Mushroom Recipes:
- Moroccan Mushroom Tagine
- Mongolian Mushrooms and Onions
- French Lentil Rice Mushroom Stew
- Deli-Style Marinated Mushroom Salad
- Chickpea Mushroom Shawarma Soup
- Vegan Patty Melt Burger
- Large nonstick skillet to sauté the mushrooms
As side dish or piled high in a veggie bowl, this flavorful, oil-free Simple Herbed Mushrooms dish will get those taste buds tingling.
- 1 lb. cremini mushrooms, sliced *
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari *
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (+/-) *
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder (+/-) *
- ½ teaspoon dried rubbed sage (+/-) *
- ¼ teaspoon dried ground rosemary (+/-) *
- ½ teaspoon dried crushed thyme leaves (+/-) *
- pinch to 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (+/-)
- pinch to 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Place the cremini mushrooms into to a nonstick skillet with the tamari, sauté for several minutes; then add all the remaining ingredients. Sauté for 7 to 9 minutes to allow the mushrooms to release their moisture and reduce in size.
- Taste test and add more seasonings, if desired. Cook for several minutes if additional seasonings are added.
- Serve, sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley (optional).
*Tamari: We used San J Tamari Soy Sauce, Gluten Free, Reduced Sodium. You can substitute the tamari with reduced sodium soy sauce, Braggs Liquid Aminos, or Braggs Coconut Liquid Aminos.
*Herbs/Seasonings: Our family was totally divided over the different accents of herbs and seasoning. Some wished to really accent the garlic (garlic powder), while others preferred less sage and thyme. The beauty of this recipe is that it is completely customizable based upon personal preference. Start low and build from there. Additionally, feel free to leave out any herbs or seasonings that you are not a fan of and build up spices/herbs that you love.
*Alternative/Optional Ingredients: You can also add a little splash of good quality balsamic vinegar to add a little extra flavor.
*Dried Rosemary Powder: We used Penzeys Rosemary Spain Powdered. Feel free to use your favorite powdered Rosemary.
*Dried Rubbed Sage: We used Penzeys Sage Albanian Rubbed. Feel free to use your favorite rubbed sage.
*Dried Thyme Crushed Leaves: We use Penzeys French Thyme. It has amazing flavor. If you can’t find dried crushed thyme leaves, you can use ground thyme, but use half the amount.
*Mushrooms: We used cremini mushrooms; however, you can use your favorite mushrooms or blend of mushrooms.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: 3 to 4
*Storage: Use within 4 to 5 days.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.