When those carb cravings hit, and you can’t decide between comforting pasta or pizza? Well, we’ve got you cover with the perfect recipe for pizza and pasta lovers alike. When pasta meets pizza fixings, you just know it’s gonna be good! This Vegan Pizza Pasta Supreme is like heaven in a skillet. Think of a vegan supreme pizza with all the fixings only in a pasta form rather than on a crust. Tasty red onions, sweet red and green bell peppers, aromatic garlic, briny olives, and earthy mushrooms all bathed in a bold flavorful pizza sauce with chewy, pillow pasta, it’s utter perfection.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- 2/3 cup red onion, fine dice
- 1 cup bell peppers, fine dice (we used ½ red and ½ green)
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1/3 cup sliced olives * (Optional)
- 1 – 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 12 to 16 oz. pasta of choice *
- 2 cups pizza sauce of choice (or 1 recipe Easy Healthy Pizza Sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon Vegan Parmesan Cheese (or nutritional yeast) (optional)
Optional Add-in Ideas:
- WFPB vegan mozzarella/cheese (we did not use)
- WFPB vegan sausage crumbles (we did not use)
- WFPB vegan pepperoni (we did not use)
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Sliced Olives
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Make the Vegan Parmesan Cheese (optional).
- Make the Easy Healthy Pizza Sauce (if using store bought, skip this step.)
- In a large ceramic/enamel-lined Dutch oven, skillet or similar stock pot, add the diced red onions and bell peppers; sauté over medium heat until they soften, approximately 9 to 10 minutes. Add a tablespoon or so of water if they start to stick and/or to prevent burning. Then add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package directions. Note: Keep some of the pasta water. If needed, add a Tablespoon of pasta water at a time to thin out the sauce in Step 5.
- Add the pizza sauce, 1 Tablespoon of Vegan Parmesan Cheese (or nutritional yeast), sliced mushrooms, and sliced olives to the sautéed onions, bell peppers, and garlic stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes. Then add the cooked pasta, stir to combine. Cook for one minute, then serve with additional toppings.
*Olives: We used 1/3 cup black olives and 1/3 cup green olives. Make sure to select olives packed in water and not oil.
*Pasta: We used gluten free gnocchi. If you do not need to be gluten free you can use any WFPB compliant gnocchi or pasta of choice.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Storage: Use within 5 days.
*Nutritional Information: Does not include the optional ingredients of olives or vegan parmesan cheese, or optional add-in ideas. It does include the nutritional information of our Easy Healthy Pizza Sauce for the 2 cups of pizza sauce.