Base Salad Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups kale, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups Brussel sprouts, shaved*
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (+/-)
- 1 cup tomatoes, finely diced (optional)
- ½ cup hummus *
- 2 Tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon caper juice (from caper jar above)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 clove fresh garlic, minced)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (+/-) *
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- pinch to ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place all the Salad Base Ingredients into a large bowl, mix well, set aside.
- Add the Dressing Ingredients into a bowl, whisk well until emulsified. Taste test for flavor, add more ingredients to reach the flavor you desire.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, mix well to completely coat the salad ingredients. Taste test and add more seasonings as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 3 to 4