Healthy, easy, and flavorful, these Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Burgers are bursting with the perfect POW of buffalo heat.
- ½ cup cooked and refrigerated brown rice *
- ½ cup rolled oats *
- 1 – [ 15 oz. can ] chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon hot sauce *
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Toasted Burger Buns (or wraps)
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Vegan Mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place the cooked and refrigerated brown rice and rolled oats into a food processor and process just until slightly broken up, about 7 seconds, do not pulverized them.
- Then add all the remaining Base Ingredients and the Spice/Herb Ingredients to the food processor, pulse off and on until the all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Place the burger mixture into a large bowl. Form a large ball, then divide into 4 patties. Pick up each ball in your hands and form a smooth ball, and place on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Press the burger patty down to create a 3 ½ inch diameter patty with about a 5/8-inch thickness. Continue until all the patties are made. (See notes on burger formation). You may need to wash your hands after the 2nd patty formation if the mixture sticks to your hands too much.
- Place the burgers in a preheated 350 F oven (center rack) and bake for 20 minutes.
- After the burgers have been in the oven 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, then flip the burgers over, then place back in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes, remove from the oven, and allow to sit for 5 minutes to set up before serving on your favorite toasted burger bun or wrap with shredded lettuce, vegan mayonnaise, vegan bleu cheese dressing, or vegan ranch dressing, and/or sliced tomatoes.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.