Brimming with fresh, vibrant flavors this Easy Italian Hummus Pasta is ultra comforting and comes together in 20 minutes or less.
- 16 oz. pasta (of choice)
- 1 cup hot pasta water (reserved) *
- 1 cup hummus *
- 3 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 30 fresh grape tomatoes, halved (or cherry tomatoes) *
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach (optional) *
- Pinch to ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch black pepper (+/-)
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil (or 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil) *
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Right before the pasta is done, remove 1 to 2 cups of hot pasta water, set aside. Once the pasta is done, drain well, then return the cooked pasta to the empty pot.
- To the pot with the cooked pasta, add the hummus, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, halved grape tomatoes, chopped fresh baby spinach, and 1 cup of hot pasta water. Stir to combine.
- Check the consistency of the sauce, if needed, add a little more of the reserved pasta water to reach the desired consistency.
- Then add the sea salt, black pepper, and chopped fresh basil (or dried basil).
- Serve topped with a sprinkle Vegan Parmesan Cheese (optional).
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.