This creamy and vibrantly pink Beet Hummus is perfectly accented with the delicious flavor of earthy beets. The velvety texture is fantastic, making it a delicious Whole Food Plant Based dip for your favorite veggies and WFPB crackers. Vegan, oil free, gluten free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients.
- 2 1/2 cups Hummus (of choice or you can use our hummus recipe)– see recipe here
- ½ [ 14.5 oz. can ] small beets or 2 small roasted beets
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Water, only if needed to create a smooth consistency
- Beets – tiny dice for topping
- Add the already prepared original hummus, beets, paprika, and cumin to a food processor. Pulse several times, then puree until smooth, approx. 3 to 4 minutes.
- Test the flavors, add more seasonings (and more beets) if desired, and pulse again.
- In order to create a very smooth and creamy hummus, you may need to add a little water. Once you have pureed the hummus, check the consistency, add a tablespoon of water a little at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
*Beets: This is a beautiful hummus. The intensity of the beet flavor will largely depend upon how many beets you use. You can increase the beet flavor by adding more beets. If you are unsure of how “beety” you would like your hummus, then start with a few beets, taste test the flavor and work from there.