This velvety, rich Vegan Tangy White Cheese Sauce is packed with flavors and perfect for dolloping on veggie burgers, drizzling on veggies, and much more! Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients, and gluten free.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard *
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onions
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- In a small bowl, cover the raw cashews in boiling water, set aside to soak for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, measure out all your remaining ingredients and set aside.
- After 15 minutes, drain the cashews and discard the water, then add the cashews and all the remaining dressing ingredients into a high-speed blender and emulsify until smooth.
- Taste test the dressing and add more seasonings, if needed.
*Dijon Mustard: We used Koops Dijon Mustard. You can use your favorite Dijon mustard.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes approximately 1 cup of dressing.
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 5 days.