Healthy, flavorful, and satisfying, this oil free Vegan Macaroni Potato Salad made with a zesty hummus-based sauce for a dish the whole family with love.
- 6 to 8 oz. dry elbow macaroni
- 16 oz. red-skinned baby potatoes, unpeeled, halved *
- ¾ cup celery ribs, diced
- ½ cup red onion, fine dice
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup hummus
- 3 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dill pickle relish (+/-) *
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon yellow mustard (+/-)
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (optional) *
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ to 1 ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
Other Optional Ingredients:
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions, rinse thoroughly with cold water (rinse until cold), shake off excess water, set aside to use in Step 4.
- Cook the baby potatoes until just tender, about 12 to 15 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water until the potatoes are no longer hot, place on a cookie sheet to continue to cool, set aside to use in Step 4. See notes on the size of the baby potatoes.
- Place all the Dressing Ingredients into a small bowl, whisk until smooth and emulsified. Set aside.
- Place all the Salad Ingredients (including the cooked and cooled elbow macaroni and baby potatoes) into a large bowl, gently mix to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture, gently toss. Taste test for flavor. Add more seasoning (if adding celery seed, add at this time), if needed. Best if served immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: 4 to 6
*Nutrition Information: Using a hummus that has a smaller amount of tahini or no tahini at all will reduce the fat content.