Creamy, rich, and absolutely irresistible, this oil-free Vegan Fry Sauce is the ultimate french fry dipping sauce.
- ½ cup (raw) cashews *
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon reduced-sodium tamari *
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish *
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch to ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with boiling water, set aside for 15 minutes, then discard the water and place the cashews into a high-speed blender.
- Add all the remaining ingredients into the high-speed blender with the soaked cashews. Blend on high until smooth and emulsified, scraping down the sides occasionally.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for fries. Also, it makes a spread for sandwiches.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 1 cup