When your salad is begging for some dressing goodness, we’ve got a dressing that is sure to have your salad bathing in deliciousness. Bold and refreshing, yet sweet and savory, this Vegan Curry Dressing is perfect for a quick and tasty dressing on your favorite salads or veggie bowls. Creamy tahini, tangy rice vinegar, sweet maple syrup, bold tamari, and aromatic curry makes for a flavor-packed salad dressing that is super easy to make and is the perfect dressing to wake up any salad. Full of healthy feel good ingredients and packed with flavor, this salad dressing is awesome making it this week’s Whip It Up Wednesday recipe.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons organic maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons low sodium tamari *
- 1 teaspoon miso *
- 1 teaspoon curry powder *
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped cilantro (fine chop)
- Place all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Serve immediately. If refrigerated, when ready to serve, whisk before serving on your favorite salad greens, veggies, or samosas.
Note: For best flavor after refrigeration: remove from the refrigerator and allow to sit for 30 minutes to come to room temperature.
*Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also substitute with chickpea miso for a soy free version.
*Curry Powder: Use your favorite curry powder. We used Penzeys The Now Curry. It has great flavor. We really enjoy it. Curry powders really vary in terms of taste and heat.
*Tamari: We used San J Tamari Soy Sauce, Gluten Free, Reduced Sodium. You can substitute the tamari with reduced sodium soy sauce, Braggs Liquid Aminos, or Braggs Coconut Liquid Aminos.
*Serving: Makes about 2/3 cup
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 5 days.