This delicious veggie goodness is coming in HOT – literally! Skip the oven and go straight to flavor town with this tasty dish! Bursting with tangy, robust, spicy Buffalo flavor, this healthy Vegan Buffalo Veggies is ultra-fast, super easy, and perfect for Buffalo hot sauce lovers who aren’t afraid to live on the wild side. Hearty chickpeas and nutrient-packed veggies are bathed in deliciously bold sauce and paired perfectly with our Vegan Ranch Mashed Potatoes – a total match made in heaven. This fun stir fry twist is sure to absolutely delight your taste buds, making it this week’s awesome Whip It Up Wednesday recipe.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, and no highly processed ingredients.
- 10 oz. package California Blend Frozen Vegetables *
- 1 – 15.5 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup hot sauce *
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Place all the sauce ingredients into a bowl, stir well, set aside.
- Place the frozen veggies into an enamel/ceramic lined skillet (or similar nonstick skillet) and simmer over medium-high heat to thaw up and stir fry the vegetables. You want to make sure that there is no liquid in the pan (spoon out any water released from the frozen vegetables left in the pan), then add the chickpeas along with the buffalo sauce, simmer over medium heat for a few minutes or until the vegetables have reached their desired tenderness.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for a few minutes to allow the flavors to marry.
- Serve over Vegan Ranch Mashed Potatoes, your favorite rice or potatoes (baked, roasted, boiled, etc.)
*Vegetable Stock: We use Pacific Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Stock. We love this brand because it is Whole Food Plant Based compliant, as it does not contain MSG, has no oil, and does not contain any highly-processed ingredients.
*Hot Sauce: We used Frank’s RedHot Original Hot Sauce.
*California Blend Frozen Vegetables: We used a 10 oz. bag of Cascadian Farm Organic Californian-Style Blend which consisted of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini. You can use any combination of veggies you wish. You can also use fresh veggies, keep in mind the cooking time maybe long to reach desired tenderness. For fresh veggies, you may need to use a splash of vegetable broth or water as they cook.
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 5 days.
*Servings: 2 to 3 (Buffalo sauce makes ½ cup)