Hearty, healthy, and flavorful, this oil free Vegan Asian Brussels Sprouts Chopped Salad is loaded with nourishing veggies all coated in a deliciously creamy Asian inspired dressing.
Base Salad Ingredients:
- 3 cups finely chopped kale
- 2 cups shaved Brussels sprouts *
- 1/3 cup grated carrots
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (+/-)
- ½ cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 cup English cucumbers, small dice
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- ½ cup hummus *
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (+/-)
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium tamari *
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch to ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place all the Salad Base Ingredients into a large bowl, mix well, set aside.
- Place all the Dressing Ingredients into a small bowl, whisk until smooth and emulsified. Taste test for flavor, add more ingredients to reach the flavor you desire.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, mix well to completely coat the salad ingredients. Taste test and add more seasonings as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 2 to 3