Lightly tangy, sweet, and crunchy, this Vegan Almond Apple Slaw is a delicious addition to your next bbq, pot luck, or holiday table.
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage *
- 1 cup grated carrots *
- 2 apples, unpeeled, small dice *
- 6 to 8 green onions, thinly sliced (+/-)
- ½ to ¾ cup toasted almond slices *
- ½ cup dried cranberries (optional)
Slaw Dressing Ingredients:
- ¾ cup [raw] cashews *
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (+/-) *
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar (+/-) *
- ½ cup unsweetened plain plant milk
- ½ teaspoon dried ground mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce *
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (+/-)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ to 1 ¼ teaspoons sea salt (+/-) *
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with boiling water, allow to soak for 15 minutes, then drain, discard the water, and place the cashews into a high-speed blender, set aside.
- In the meantime, place all the Base Ingredients into a large bowl, mix to evenly distribute the ingredients. Set aside until ready to dress.
- Place all the Dressing Ingredients into the high-speed blender (along with the soaked and drained cashews). Blend on high until smooth and emulsified.
- Add the dressing to the slaw mix and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.