Our homemade Texas Style Barbecue Sauce is spicy, smoky and has just enough sweet tang to win the kids over. It’s a fabulous healthy, delicious, and simple barbecue sauce that is sure to please! A fabulous Whole Food Plant Based recipe. Vegan, Oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- 2 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons molasses (or black strap molasses)
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup 100% pure organic maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/- to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (+/- to taste)
- Add all the ingredients into a medium sized saucepan, stir to incorporate. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Lower the stove temperature to low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Remove from the heat, serve immediately or cool to room temperature and refrigerate until ready for use.
Makes: 1 ¾ cup of barbecue sauce.