Step up your game with something different and delicious! These tasty Oven Roasted Rosemary Potatoes and yummy Blueberry Balsamic Dipping Sauce are just the ticket. Perfectly crispy oven roasted potatoes with just the right amount of rosemary are paired with a gorgeous blueberry balsamic dipping sauce that is out of this world flavorful; a fabulous Whole Food Plant Based recipe. Vegan, Oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no processed ingredients.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (1 pint)
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black strap molasses
- Large pinch cayenne pepper (+/- to taste)
- ¼ teaspoons sea salt (+/- to taste)
- ¼ cup water
- Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil, then immediately lower the heat to a simmer.
- Using a potato masher (or fork), mash the blueberries and the Medjool dates to break them up, and continue to simmer for 15 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Don’t worry if you can’t completely mash them all up as you will be placing the mixture in a high-speed blender or using an immersion blender to homogenize the mixture later.
- After simmering for 15 minutes, remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then place the mixture into a high-speed blender or use an immersion blender for one minute until completely smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes 1 ½ cups
*Storage: Refrigerate for up to 7 days.