Naturally sweetened with fruit, these simple No Bake Blueberry Bliss Balls are easy to make and utterly delicious!
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant oats)
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, plus more for rolling *
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted *
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest (optional) *
- Pinch sea salt
- Place the rolled oats into the food processor, process for 20 seconds, just to break them up.
- Add all the remaining Ingredients to the food processor. Process until all the ingredients are broken up and start to clump together.
- Test the “dough” by pinching it to see if it holds together easily. If too wet, add more oats or flaxseed meal and process. If too dry, add a couple of blueberries or a Medjool date.
- When the “dough” holds it shape, scoop up 1 rounded tablespoon of the mixture, roll into a firm ball and set on a parchment paper lined plate.Repeat until all the mixture has been rolled into balls.
- If rolling in coconut flakes (optional), place the coconut flakes – see blog post for the amount, into the clean food processor and process for several minutes until the coconut is finely shredded. Roll the blueberry bliss balls in the shredded coconut and place on a parchment paper lined plate.
- Place the plate in the freeze for 10 minutes, then switch to the refrigerator for an hour to allow the cookie balls to firm up. Once firm, store them in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. They also freeze well.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 16 to 18 bliss balls