We are upping our entertainment game with these these amazingly delicious Mini Mediterranean Quinoa Flatbreads that are both healthy and delicious! Perfectly oven baked to soft and chewy or crisp and crunchy texture and consisting of a few simple ingredients, these tasty mini flatbreads turn into an irresistible appetizer, breakfast, or snack.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
Quinoa Flatbread Ingredients:
- 1 cup quinoa – uncooked
- ½ cup + 1 teaspoon unsweetened plain plant milk
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Sprinkle Aleppo pepper (optional)
- Sprinkle Vegan Parmesan Cheese(optional)
- Store Bought WFPB Vegan Cream Cheese (We used homemade Vegan Cream Cheese)
- Frisee Lettuce
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Sliced Red Onions
- Sliced Cucumbers
- Sliced Radishes
- Hemp Seeds
- Store Bought or Homemade Balsamic Syrup (tips for homemade in blog post)
Basic Quinoa Flatbread Instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a 14 x 20 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dry quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse the quinoa really well with running water for two minutes. This removes the bitterness from the quinoa. Shake to drain excess moisture.
- Add the rinsed quinoa and all the remaining quinoa flatbread ingredients (except the Aleppo pepper and Vegan Parmesan Cheese) into a high-speed blender and blend on high for one minute. When using our Vitamix, we use the tamper tool to help move the batter along until it was able to blend on its own. If you don’t help it along, then the batter doesn’t completely mix well and become smooth. The batter should be smooth without any visible quinoa remaining.
- The batter consistency is key here. Since quinoa has slight variations of “dryness” depending on how old it is, you need to pay attention to the thickness of the batter. The batter should be slightly thicker than a fudgy brownie batter. It can pour, but you need to help it along with a rubber spatula.
- Create 6 small piles of batter spaced out on the baking sheet. Once you get ALL the batter out onto the 6 spots, then take a small spoon and start to spread out each batter into a 4 ½ to 5-inch circle. Working from the center, gently pushing the batter outwards. Complete all 6 circles.
- Optional: Sprinkle the top with some Vegan Parmesan Cheese and Aleppo pepper, then place the quinoa flatbread into the oven and bake for 15 to 16 minutes. (No flipping is required).
- After 15 to 16 minutes, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
Mini Mediterranean Quinoa Flatbread Instructions.
- Spread on a layer of the Vegan Cream Cheese.
- Top with frisee, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, radishes.
- Drizzle with balsamic syrup, and sprinkle with hemp seeds.
*Quinoa Flatbread: For more in-depth details and notes, check out our original blog post for Quinoa Flatbreads.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Storage: Makes 6 Mini Mediterranean Quinoa Flatbreads.
*Storage: Use within 2 days.