A little sweet, a little tangy, this oil free Maple Mustard Brussel Sprouts Salad will delight Brussel Sprout lovers everywhere.
Base Salad Ingredients:
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 3 cups shaved Brussel sprouts *
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (+/-)
- 1 medium Gala apple, unpeeled, cut into bitesize pieces *
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup hummus *
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (+/-) *
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (+/-) *
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Cut up the Gala apple and place in a small bowl, add 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice, mix well, set aside for one minute.
- Place all the remaining Salad Base Ingredients and the chopped apple into a large bowl, mix well, set aside.
- Add the Dressing Ingredients into a small bowl, whisk well until emulsified.
- Taste test for flavor, add more ingredients to reach the flavor you desire.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, mix well to completely coat the salad ingredients. Taste test and add more seasonings as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 2 to 3
*Nutrition Information: Using a hummus that has a smaller amount of tahini or no tahini at all will reduce the fat content.