Flavorful dressings makes our world go round, and we’ve got a new dressing that is sure to make your salads and veggie bowls sing with happiness. This aromatic Italian Sundried Tomato Dressing is fast, easy, and perfect when you want to add some delicious zing to your salads. Zesty, healthy, wholesome, and tasty, this dressing is vibrant and full of flavor, making it this week’s awesome Whip It Up Wednesday recipe.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon white miso *
- 1 Tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 6 sundried tomato halves (no oil) *
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/- to taste) *
- 1 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning *
- In a small bowl, cover the sundried tomatoes in boiling water, set aside to soak for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, measure out all your remaining ingredients into a high-speed blender except for the Italian seasoning.
- After 10 minutes, drain the sundried tomatoes and discard the water, then add the soaked sundried tomatoes (with all the remaining ingredients, except the Italian Seasoning) to the high-speed blender. Process on high until the dressing is smooth and completely emulsified. Stir in the Italian seasoning a teaspoon at a time. Do not blend in blender. Blending the Italian Seasoning in a high-speed blender can sometimes create a bitter note. For this reason, we suggest hand-stirring in the Italian seasoning.
- Taste test the dressing and add more seasonings by hand, if needed.
*Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also substitute with chickpea miso for a soy free version.
*Sundried Tomatoes: Be sure to select oil free sundried tomatoes. They are typically dried like dates. We used Mediterranean Organic Sundried Roman Tomatoes.
*Italian Seasoning: We offer a range because we had family members enjoying varying amounts of Italian Seasoning. We suggest starting on the lower end (1 teaspoon) and stirring in more via taste testing until you reach the desired amount. Keep in mind as dressing marinates, the Italian seasoning slowly intensifies.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes approximately 1 cup of dressing.
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 5 days.