Vibrantly colored veggies and beans, spiced with tasty southwestern flavors, what’s not to love? This bright and yummy salad is fun and festive, not to mention how beautiful it will look on your table. A fabulous Whole Food Plant Based recipe. Vegan, oil free, sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- 1 cup bell peppers, fine dice (assorted red, orange, yellow)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, fine dice
- 2 avocadoes, chopped
- 1 – [ 15.5 oz. can ] black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – [ 15.5 oz. can ] pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn – fresh, canned, or frozen (thawed if frozen)
- ¼ cup red onion, fine dice
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely minced (+/-)
- 1/8 cup lime juice (juice of one lime)
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-)
- Avocado Hummus – see recipe here
- Corn tortillas
- Chop and prepare all your vegetables and place in a large bowl.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, cayenne pepper and sea salt. Gently toss to mix.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to marry.
- Possible serving ideas:
- A salad
- A salad and topped with avocado hummus
- Serve on top of a crisped corn tortilla with a dollop of avocado hummus
- Serve with a side of crisped corn tortilla chips and avocado hummus
- Put it in a sandwich or wrap