When a sauce is so delicious, its got to take center stage! This Whole Food Plant Based twist on a classic Spanish sauce is finger licking good! You’ll want to put it on everything, making our Fast and Easy Romesco Sauce this week’s awesome Whip It Up Wednesday recipe! Drench pasta, dip bread, or drizzle veggies with this versatile sauce, definitely a winner for quick and delicious dishes! Whole Food Plant Based recipe, no oil, no sugar, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
- 1 – [ 12 oz. jar ] roasted red peppers, drained *
- 1 – [ 14 oz. can ] fire roasted tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 cup raw almonds *
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
- Place the raw almonds (no soaking required) into a high-speed blender and pulse until a fine meal-like texture is reached.
- Then add all your remaining ingredients into the high-speed blender with the ground almonds, except for the crushed red pepper flake and pulse until everything is smooth.
- Add the red pepper flake and pulse for a few seconds.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or as a dipping sauce with your favorite bread. (Serve hot or at room temperature).
*Roasted Red Peppers: Look for a roasted red pepper with no oil and no added sugar. We used Mancini Sweet Roasted Peppers.
*Raw Almonds: We used whole raw almonds and pulsed them into a flour. Others may prefer a little texture, but we preferred them broken down into a flour for a smooth consistency for the Romesco sauce.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 5 days.