If you are hankering for a healthy alternative side salad or a great way to dress up a burger or sandwich, then this healthy Fast and Easy Asian Slaw fits just the ticket. Easily adjustable to fit nearly any coleslaw mix, it’s the perfect crunchy combination. Dressed in a light vinaigrette dressing with an Asian twist, this slaw is sure to absolutely delight your taste buds, making it this week’s awesome Whip It Up Wednesday recipe.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- 12 oz. coleslaw mix *
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon white miso *
- 1 Tablespoon tamari *
- 1 Tablespoon organic maple syrup
- ½ to 1 teaspoon minced ginger (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch sea salt (+/-) *
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the coleslaw mix and green onion slices in a bowl, toss to mix; drizzle the dressing over the mixture and toss to combine.Taste the coleslaw, add more seasoning if desired.
- Serve as a delicious side salad, in a sandwich, or wrap.
*Coleslaw Mix: Any coleslaw mix will work with this recipe. We used a rainbow blend slaw which consisted of shredded broccoli, carrots, red cabbage, cauliflower, and kohlrabi.
*Tamari:We used San J Tamari Soy Sauce, Gluten Free, Reduced Sodium. You can substitute the tamari with reduced sodium soy sauce, Braggs Liquid Aminos, or Braggs Coconut Liquid Aminos.
*Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also use chickpea miso for a soy free version.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Makes: 3 cups
*Storage: Refrigerate, use within 5 days.