When you need a marinara sauce in a flash that tastes like it took all day to simmer to perfection, this sauce delivers! Aromatic, bold, and ultra-satisfying, this Easy Healthy Marinara Sauce tastes out-of-this-world delicious! Nothing compares to homemade Italian marinara sauce, and this saucy goodness is ready in 10 minutes! Incredibly tasty, it is sure to make all your Italian dishes come alive with flavor!
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- 1 – 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons organic maple syrup (+/- to taste)
- 1 teaspoon miso *
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/- to taste) *
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a small stockpot, whisk well to combine, then simmer for 7 minutes, taste test and adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
*Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. If you are going to live the Whole Food Plant Based lifestyle, then you will quickly find that miso is your friend.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes about 2 cups
*Storage: Use within 7 days.