This homemade, oil free, vegan Citrus Hemp Dressing is smooth, luscious, and full of fresh citrus goodness; it is sure to make your taste buds come alive. Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup (+/-) *
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard (+/-) *
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 1 Tablespoon white miso *
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch orange zest (or 5 mandarin orange slices) *
- Place all the Base Ingredients and Spice/Herb Ingredients into a high-speed blender, blend until emulsified and smooth.
- Add the orange zest (or mandarin orange slices) and pulse to combine.
- Taste test and add adjust seasonings/ingredients accordingly. Enjoy.
*Dijon Mustard/Vinegar/Maple Syrup: Our family loved this dressing; however, we each had preferences over the multiple kitchen tests. Some preferred more Dijon mustard, while others liked more pops of vinegar tang. Others preferred more sweetness. This recipe is a great base to start. It is perfectly delicious with the ingredient measurements listed in the recipe but can be easily customized to suit individual preferences.
*Orange Zest/Mandarin Orange Slices: As you can see in the photos, we topped our salad with mandarin orange slices. In several kitchen tests, we used orange zest and in others we used mandarin orange slices. If you use mandarin orange slices (from a peeled mandarin orange), make sure you get all the pith off as it can turn the dressing bitter if you don’t. We used Dole Mandarin Oranges (in 100% fruit juice) in both the dressing and to top the salad. It’s totally optional but does add great citrus flavor to the dressing (and salad).
*Dressing Color: FYI: Hemp seeds can sometimes add a slightly green cast to the dressing.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes approximately 3/4 cup of dressing.
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 5 days.