If you’re a sauce lover, like we are, we’ve got the perfect new sauce that is sure to be a game changer. This creamy, bold, oil free Cilantro Lime Sauce is everything you could ever want in a great Southwestern sauce. Fresh, zesty, and bursting with vibrant flavors, this sauce is a fabulous addition to your repertoire. It’s healthy and utterly delicious making it this week’s awesome Whip It Up Wednesday recipe.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients, and gluten free.
- 1 cup cilantro (packed)
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoons organic maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon miso *
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/- to taste) *
- Place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and emulsify until smooth.
- Taste test the dressing and add more seasoning, if needed.
*Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Serving: Makes approximately 1 cup of sauce.
Storage: Refrigerate and use within 5 days.