Easy to make and bursting with delicious bold, spicy flavor this White Bean Potato Chili is healthy, nutritious, and oh-so-satisfying. Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- 1 cup yellow onions, fine dice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, fine dice
- ¼ cup carrots, fine dice
- ¼ cup celery, fine dice
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups vegetable broth *
- 3 cups water (or broth)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (+/-)
- 4 Tablespoons nutritional yeast (+/-)
- 2 ½ cups Russet potatoes, peeled, small dice
- 1 – [ 4 oz. can ] mild green chilies (do not drain) *
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 Tablespoon mild chili powder (+/-)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pinch coriander
- 1 ¼ teaspoons sea salt (+/-) *
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (+/-)
- 1 – [ 15.5 oz can ] cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – [ 15.5 oz. can ] chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 – [ 15 oz. can ] corn, drained
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Avocado slices
- Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Lime wedges
- Baked tortilla chips
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- Jalapeno pepper slices
- Place the Spice/Herb Ingredients in a small bowl, mix well, set aside.
- In a large ceramic/enamel lined skillet, Dutch oven, or non-stick skillet, add the diced onions, jalapeno pepper, celery and carrots, sauté over medium-high heat for 7 to 9 minutes to soften, then add the minced garlic, sauté for 30 seconds. Then add the Spice/Herb mix, sauté for 30 seconds to allow the spices to release their fragrance.
- Next add all the remaining ingredients (except the beans and corn), increase the heat to a boil, then immediately lower to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Taste test and adjust any seasonings as desired.
- Add the beans and corn, simmer for 4 to 5 minutes on low.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
*Thickness/Consistency: This is called a chili because the primary flavors are using chili seasoning. However, the thickness/consistency of this dish is more like a stew/soup. If you would like a thicker style “chili,” use less liquid.
*Vegetable Stock: We use Pacific Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Stock. We love this brand because it is Whole Food Plant Based compliant, as it does not contain MSG, has no oil, and does not contain any highly-processed ingredients.
*Mild Green Chilies: Make sure to use the mild green chilies versus the hot green chilies.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 5 days.