Hearty, satisfying, and easy, this Vegan Zucchini Bread Oatmeal Breakfast Bake is all the delicious flavors of zucchini bread in simple breakfast form.
- 4 cups rolled oats (not instant oats)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cinnamon (+/-) *
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup [raw] cashew butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 ¼ cups unsweetened plain plant milk
- 1 teaspoon molasses *
- ¾ cup grated zucchini
Other Optional Ingredients:
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cups raisins
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
Optional Individual Topping:
- Vegan cream cheese icing *
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all the Dry Ingredients, mix well, set aside.
- Place the pitted Medjool dates in a food processor and pulse to break them up. Then add all the remaining Wet Ingredients (except for the zucchini). Pulse for several minutes until the mixture is smooth. You will still see some tiny bits of dates in the mixture. Scrape down the food processor about half-way to ensure the dates have not clumped together. Break them up with your hands and process again, if needed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the oat mixture in the large bowl, and mix well, then add the grated zucchini, walnuts, and raisins. Stir for several minutes to allow the wet ingredients to absorb into the oats and become thick.
- Carefully dump the mixture into a parchment paper (bottom only) lined baking dish.Spread out mixture evenly with a rubber spatula. Press the mixture down lightly to ensure everything is cohesive.
- Place in a preheated oven, and bake for 35 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.Best if served warm.
- To reheat, place individual serving in a microwave safe bowl/plate and microwave for 10 seconds (or longer) until warm.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 6 to 8