Crunchy, tangy, and refreshing, this oil-free Vegan Tropical Coleslaw is oh-so-flavorful and perfect for a bbq, potluck, or family gathering.
- 1 lb. 8 oz. green cabbage, thinly sliced or grated *
- 1 medium carrot, julienne sliced or grated *
- 1 cup mandarin oranges *
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits *
- ¼ to 1/3 cup red onions, fine dice
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice (from can of pineapple tidbits) *
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon dried ground mustard powder
- 1 Tablespoon white miso *
- 1 teaspoon horseradish *
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place all the Dressing Ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth and emulsified. Set aside.
- Place the all the Salad Ingredients into a large bowl. Gently toss, then drizzle the Salad Dressing over the salad, mix well to combine.Allow to sit for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to marry.
- Taste test and adjust the flavors as needed.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.