Velvety, nourishing, and filling, this oil free Vegan Thai Curry Mac and Cheese is a delicious fusion of aromatic red curry flavors and comforting mac and cheese.
- 1 – [ 14.4 oz. bag ] frozen cauliflower florets *
- 3 cups Russet potatoes, peeled, small dice
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant milk
- 3 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari *
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (+/-)
- 2 to 4 teaspoons red curry paste (+/-) *
- 2 drops coconut extract (+/-) (optional) *
Sauce Herb/Spice Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon curry powder (+/-) *
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni (or pasta of choice)
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets (or frozen peas) (+/-) *
- Cook macaroni according to package directions to al dente, drain, rinse briefly with cold water to remove any excess starch, shake well, set aside.
- Place the frozen cauliflower florets and diced potatoes into a medium stockpot, bring to a boil, gently boil until fork tender (about 10 to 15 minutes). Drain off the water, then place them in a high-speed blender.
- Heat the broccoli florets (or peas) in the microwave (or steam) until they reach the desired tenderness, set aside.
- Add all the Sauce Ingredients and Spice/Herb Ingredients into the high-speed blender with the cooked cauliflower and potatoes. Blend on high until smooth and emulsified. You may need to use the tamper tool to keep the sauce moving.
- Place the cooked pasta back into the medium-sized stockpot, add the cooked broccoli florets (or peas) and pour the sauce over top, mix well to combine. Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: 4 to 6