What can’t tahini do? It’s so creamy, rich, and versatile, and we just can’t get enough! We are excited to share with you our newest delicious dressing with a creamy tahini twist. Pssst, it can also be a mayo too! Whoa, crazy cool. Adjust the water amount, and you go from dreamy dressing, to thick and creamy mayo – a total win win! Rich, creamy, and bursting with flavors this refined sugar free, healthy, and oil free Vegan Tangy Honey Mustard Dressing and Mayo is fast, easy and perfect for salads and dipping veggies or use it to slather on a wrap or sandwich. This delicious dressing/mayo is sure to absolutely delight your taste buds with a POW of flavor, making it this week’s awesome Whip It Up Wednesday recipe. Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients, and gluten free.
- ¾ cup brown rice, uncooked
- ¼ cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1 lb. Brussel sprouts, quartered or halved
- 1 large sweet potato, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Sprinkle sea salt (+/- to taste) *
- ½ cup pecans, toasted
- ¼ cup dried cranberries – optional
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup (divided)
- 1 Tablespoon warm water
- 1 Recipe for the Vegan Tang Honey Mustard Dressing (recipe in blog post)
- Cook/steam the rice according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cover a large 14 x 20 baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Clean the Brussel sprouts, cut off the stems, cut them in halves or quartered to keep a uniform size.
- Place the Brussel sprouts and cubed sweet potatoes on the parchment paper covered baking sheet. Spread them out evenly, sprinkle with a little sea salt. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender. Note: If you prefer less tender Brussel Sprouts then place them on separate baking sheets. Approx. 15 minutes for the Brussel Sprouts, and 20 minutes for the sweet potatoes. If you want some additional color, place them under the broiler for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, place the pecan halves into a large, dry nonstick skillet and toast them over medium-high heat for approx. 5 to 7 minutes. Stir them constantly, do not let them burn. Then push them all to the center of the pan and add 1 teaspoon of pure organic maple syrup to coat them. Toss them around the pan until they are completely coated. Then place them on a plate until ready to use. Keep them separated so they don’t stick together.
- When the Brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes are tender, remove from the oven, sprinkle with a tiny bit more sea salt on them, and place them in a large bowl. Take 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup and mix it with 1 Tablespoon of warm water, then drizzle it over the sweet potatoes and Brussel sprouts, gently toss.
- Add the toasted/coated pecans and ¼ cup of dried cranberries into the bowl with the roasted potatoes and Brussel sprouts, gently toss. Taste test the dish. Add more seasonings, if desired, or heat some additional maple syrup and very lightly drizzle over the dish. Gently toss, and serve immediately with a bed of steamed wild/brown rice and drizzle individual dishes with the Vegan Tangy Honey Mustard Dressing.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.