Healthy, flavorful, and vibrant, this oil-free Vegan Spinach Mac and Cheese is oh-so-creamy and brimming with delicious flavors.
- ½ cup (raw) cashews
- 1 – [ 14.4 oz. package ] frozen cauliflower florets *
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth *
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ume plum vinegar *
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
Sauce Herb/Spice Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onions
- ½ teaspoon dried ground mustard powder
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 14 to 16 oz. elbow macaroni *
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, drain, rinse, set aside.
- Place the cashews and cauliflower into a stock pot, cover with water, place on the stove, bring to a boil. Simmer at a low boil for approximately 10 to 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is perfectly tender. Drain the liquid, then place the cauliflower and cashews into a high-speed blender.
- Add the Sauce Ingredients and Sauce Herb/Spice Ingredients into a high-speed blender along with the boiled cauliflower and cashews. Blend on high until the sauce is creamy, emulsified, and smooth. Taste test for flavor, add more ingredients, if needed, to reach the flavor you desire.
- Place the cooked pasta into a large bowl, add the sauce into the bowl, mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 4 to 5