Bring in this vegan creamy staple that takes delicious dishes to the next level in flavor town. This healthy, homemade Vegan Sour Cream is super easy to make and packs that signature sour cream cooling goodness. It is the perfect accent for topping tacos, baked potatoes, chilis and so much more! It’s tangy, creamy, and utterly delicious, and sure to be that tasty dollop you’ve been looking for!
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients, and gluten free.
- ½ cup macadamia nuts (or raw cashews)
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon unsweetened plain plant yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/- to taste) *
- Place the cashews and macadamia nuts in a small bowl and cover with boiling water, allow to set for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, discard the water.
- Then place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high until the mixture is creamy and smooth, about 3 to 5 minutes. Note: You may need to use the tamper tool at the beginning to keep the mixture flowing.
- Place the mixture into a glass bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
*Quantity: This recipe can be easily halved.
*Consistency: The sour cream will thicken up in the fridge. Stir in a splash of water to thin out the mixture to desired thickness.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes shy of 2 cups
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 7 to 10 days.