Tender, crunchy, and studded with chocolatey goodness, these wholesome, oil-free Vegan Snickers Cookies are a healthy treat that the entire family will enjoy.
- ½ cup rolled oats, processed
- 1 cup almond flour *
- 1 Tablespoon flax meal
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt *
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted, soaked and processed *
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter *
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips *
- ½ cup peanuts, rough chop *
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the oven rack in the upper-center
- Place the pitted dates into a small bowl, cover with boiling water; soak for 5 minutes, then drain off the water completely, set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with silicone baking pads or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the rolled oats into the food processor, and pulse for 30 seconds to finely chop, then place into a large bowl.
- Then add all the remaining Dry Ingredients into the large bowl with the finely chopped oats, whisk until well combined.
- Place the soaked dated into the food processor, pulse several times to chop them up. They will pretty much become a date puree. Scrap the date puree out of the food processor into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Then add all the remaining Wet Ingredients to the dry ingredients (and pureed dates), stir until everything is mixed well. Then stir in the chopped peanuts and chocolate chips; mix well to evenly distribute.
- Scoop up a golf ball sized (2 cookie scoops/approx. 2 Tablespoons) amount of cookie dough, then roll into a ball and flatten into a disk, then set onto the cookie sheet. Continue until all the dough has been rolled and flattened.You may need to wash your hands in between every 5 or 6 cookies.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 350 F for 11 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes 18 – 20 cookies