Snack attack alert with these sweet, salty, and utterly delicious Vegan No-Bake Lactation Cookies that are super easy and fast to make. They include nutrient-packed ingredients like Brewer’s yeast, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, and oats, which are well known to boost milk production. But guess what, these tasty little treats are a healthy snack that everyone can enjoy. This week’s Whip It Up Wednesday recipe is ideal for work lunches, airplane rides, road trips or just as a plain, good ole “pick me up” when you need a delicious treat to get you from Point A to Point B.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, and no highly processed ingredients.
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant oats)
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Brewer’s yeast powder *
- ½ cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 4 Tablespoons pure maple syrup (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional) *
- Place all the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) into a large bowl, mix by hand until everything is well combined. Test the batter by pinching the mixture to see if it holds together firmly. If too sticky, add a tiny bit more oats (1 teaspoon at a time). If too dry, add a tiny bit more maple syrup (1/2 teaspoon at a time). Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop up 1 rounded tablespoon of the mixture, roll into a firm ball and set on a parchment paper lined plate. Repeat until all the mixture has been rolled into cookie balls.
- Place the plate in the refrigerator for an hour to allow the cookie balls to firm up. Once firm, store them in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to two weeks. They are also freezer friendly up to 4 months.
*Brewer’s Yeast Powder: We used both Bluebonnet Nutrition Super Earth Brewer’s Yeast Powder and Lewis Labs Brewer’s Yeast Flakes Powder in separate kitchen tests. We made these for Katie (she does not need to be gluten free). The product (Bluebonnet) is actually vegan and gluten free; however, it is manufactured in a facility that does contain allergens. When selecting a Brewer’s yeast, watch for a non-bitter, unflavored, unsweetened, non-GMO Brewer’s yeast. For gluten free, we used Lewis Labs Brewer’s Yeast Flakes Powder. This product is gluten free, allergen free, vegan, unflavored, unsweetened, non-bitter, non-GMO Brewer’s yeast. Both products work fantastic as they are non-bitter. Brewer’s Yeast is NOT the same as nutritional yeast. Brewer’s Yeast can be left out of this recipe if preferred.
*Mini Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips: We used Enjoy Life Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. You can use your favorite chocolate chips with this recipe.
Serving: Makes 20 to 24 cookie balls
Storage: Refrigerate and use within 2 weeks, freeze to 4 months