Perfectly soft, chewy, brimming with tender oats, melty chocolate, buttery pecans, and rich coconut, these ultra-decadent Vegan Neiman Marcus Cookies are guaranteed to be a real crowd pleaser.
- ½ cup rolled oats, processed
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour *
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup maple sugar (or coconut sugar) *
- ½ teaspoon sea salt *
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup unsalted almond butter *
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ¾ to 1 cup vegan chocolate chips *
- 1 cup pecan halves, chopped *
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Place the Medjool dates into a small bowl, cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then drain off the water. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the oven rack in the upper-center
- Line a baking sheet with silicone baking pads or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the rolled oats into the food processor, and pulse for 20 seconds to chop, then place into a large bowl.
- Then add all the remaining Dry Ingredients into the large bowl with the finely chopped oats, whisk until well combined.
- Then add the pecans and coconut flakes to the food processor, and pulse for several seconds to break up the pecans and coconut flakes. Do not over-process. Then add this mixture to the Dry Ingredients in the large bowl.
- Place the soaked Medjool Dates into the food processor, process until they are chopped up and form a paste.Then add all the remaining Wet Ingredients to the food processor. Pulse for several seconds to mix well.
- Make sure you get everything out of the food processor and place into the bowl. Stir well until everything is well combined. You may not think it will come together, but keep stirring.
- Then stir in the chocolate chips; mix well to evenly distribute.
- Scoop up the cookie dough into a golf ball sized amount (or 2 cookies scoops), then roll into a ball and flatten into a flat disk, then set onto the cookie sheet. Continue until all the dough has been rolled and flattened.You may need to wash your hands in between every 3 or 4 cookies.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 350 F for 12 to 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes 24 to 26 cookies