Easy, fast, and most importantly delicious, this vegan muesli will be changing your morning routine for the better! Wholesome, lightly sweetened rolled oats combined with nuts and seeds makes for a tasty healthy breakfast option. The crunchy and chewy oat texture works beautifully as a cereal with plant milk or mixed with your favorite plant yogurt. Add some of your favorite fruits, and you have a delicious dish that will keep you full and satisfied! A fabulous Whole Food Plant Based recipe, vegan, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no processed ingredients.
- 4 cups rolled oats *
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup raw almond slices
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup raisins, dried out
- ¼ cup golden raisins, dried out
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, dried out
- Golden Flaxseeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Chia Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Line a 14 x 20 baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Spread the raisins, golden raisins, and dried cranberries on a large plate (or baking sheet) and allow them air dry out for several hours. This helps remove some of the natural moisture, increasing the chewy texture that is often found in Muesli. The raisins and cranberries will not be baked in the oven, only air dried.
- In a small sauce pan (or microwave), add ¼ cup of maple syrup and ¼ cup of water, heat until warm (not hot), whisk together.
- In the meantime, place 4 cups of rolled oats into a large mixing bowl, then carefully drizzle the warmed maple syrup/water mixture over the oats, stirring constantly to ensure all the oats are well coated. Mix well.
- Then dump the coated oats onto a 14 x 20 parchment-covered baking sheet, spread them out evenly, and bake for 10 minutes in a 325 F preheated oven.
- After 10 minutes, take them out, and flip the oats around and bake for another 10 minutes. (20 minutes total). Cool to room temperature.
- In the meantime, chop the walnuts, and place the chopped walnuts, almond slices, and seeds and place them into a large bowl. Then begin the muesli assembly.
- Muesli assembly – once the oats are cooled to room temperature, dump all the oats, nuts, seeds and dried fruit ingredients into the large bowl, mix well, and store in an air-tight container.
- Enjoy as a morning cereal with your favorite plant-based milk with fruit or as a yummy addition to yogurt with fruit.
*Double Thick Oats: We used Bob’s Red Mill Double Thick Oats work really well if you enjoy a crunchy muesli. They bake beautifully, are nicely crisped, and have great texture.
*Serving: Makes 5 ½ to 6 cups of Muesli
*Storage: Store in an airtight container.