Sweet, simple, and oh-so scrumptious, these healthy, oil-free Vegan Mocha Cookies are the perfect texture of soft and chewy.
- 2 teaspoons dried instant coffee (+/-) *
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant milk
- 1 ½ cups + 2 Tablespoons almond flour, lightly pack *
- ¼ cup maple sugar *
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt *
- ½ cup unsalted almond butter, softened *
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup vegan mini chocolate chips *
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the oven rack in the upper-center position, avoiding the lower rack.
- Heat the plant milk to hot (not boiling), place into a small bowl and add the coffee, stir until dissolved, set aside. (See blog post for additional details)
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat (or parchment paper).
- Place all the other Dry Ingredients into a bowl, whisk well to combine.
- Add the Wet Ingredients (including the coffee/milk mixture) to the dry ingredients, stir well to combine (no electric mixer required). The dough should come together and look somewhat “glossy”. Then stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Take 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and roll it in your dampened hands to form a ball (see blog notes), then while the cookie is in your hands, slightly flatten into a disk and place on the baking sheet. Try to keep the cookie size uniform. Space them apart as they do spread slightly. Continue until you have rolled all the dough into balls, flattened them, and placed on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into a preheated 350 F oven and bake for 11 minutes.
- After 11 minutes, remove from the oven, allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheet(s) undisturbed for 2 minutes to firm up, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes 19 to 21 cookies