This Vegan Mini Cheeseburger Salad is made with the essence of a Burger King Whopper in mind, but with plant-nourishing goodness.
Mini Burger Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup cooked brown rice, pulsed *
- 1 – [ 15 oz. can ] black beans, drained and rinsed *
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 Tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari *
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- ¼ cup panko crumbs *
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 to ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Oil Free Vegan Cheeseburger Salad Dressing
- Iceberg lettuce, chopped *
- Tomatoes, diced
- Red onion, small dice
- Dill pickle slices, drained
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place all the Spice/Herb Ingredients into a small bowl, set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place the cooked and refrigerated brown rice into the food processor to break it up, pulse for about 20 seconds.
- Then place all the remaining Mini Burger Base Ingredients and the Spice/Herb Mix into the food processor and pulse off and on until everything is blended and well mixed. Do not over-blend.
- Take a small cookie scoop or about 2 Tablespoons of the burger mixture and form a smooth ball, then flatten into a small burger and place on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue until all the burgers are made. (See notes on burger formation). Makes about 23 to 27 mini burgers.
- Place in the oven (center rack) and bake for 10 minutes, then flip, and bake for another 7 minutes. (See notes on baking).
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes to set up before serving. Place all the Salad Ingredients (excluding the dressing) into a salad bowl, drizzle with the Oil Free Vegan Cheeseburger Salad Dressing. Top with some warm mini burgers, toss and serve.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.