Simple, healthy, and rich, this Vegan Marzetti Slaw Dressing is a copycat version, nearly tasting like the original.
- 1 cup (raw) cashews *
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (+/-)
- 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (+/-)
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon yellow mustard (+/-) *
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with boiling water and allow to sit for 15 to 20 minutes, then drain off and discard the water.
- Place the soaked cashews into a high-speed blender along with all the remaining Dressing Ingredients. Blend on high until smooth and emulsified.
- Use in your favorite coleslaw or salad.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes 1 1/3 cups