For those hangry days when you NEED something fast, but want it to taste ah-mazing like you worked super hard in the kitchen for hours putting together a flavor profile that is going knocking your socks off… This delicious Vegan Greek Chickpea Salad is that dish! Not only is it fast, easy, and bursting with flavor, but it’s oh-so-healthy! Protein-Packed chickpeas, coupled with crisp green bell peppers, and diced red onions mixed with a tasty tahini-yogurt dressing is your ticket to flavor-town with the first bite. Add this hearty Vegan Greek Chickpea salads to a bed of nutritious greens, a quinoa flatbread, lettuce cups, pita pocket, and so much more! Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
- 1 – [ 15.5 oz. can ] chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 to 1 green bell pepper, small dice *
- ¼ cup red onion, fine dice
- 1 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons + ½ teaspoon unsweetened plain plant yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 ¼ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon organic maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano (+/-)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (+/-)
Other Optional Ingredients:
- Place all the Dressing Ingredients into a small bowl and whisk well. Set aside until ready to use.
- Place the chickpeas into a large bowl and coarsely mash them with a potato masher. Do not create mush.
- Add the diced green bell pepper and diced red onions to the mashed chickpeas. Mix well.
- Then add the dressing, stir well to combine.
- Taste test and add more seasonings, if desired.
- Serve on your favorite bread, pita, lettuce cup or as a pizza salad, drizzle with Oil Free Pepperoncini Dressing.
*Green Bell Peppers: Use more or less based upon personal preference.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: 3 to 4
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 5 days.