When you’re in hangry mode, but you want a meal that hits all the must haves: delicious, easy, fast, and wholesome, then this sweet and savory Vegan Curried Chickpea Salad is the perfect winner to make your belly happy. It is a beautiful combination of creamy and crunchy texture with a pow of delicious curry flavors, it makes for a quick and tasty lunch or dinner. Full of healthy feel good ingredients: chopped apples, chickpeas, carrots, celery, jalapeños, golden raisins, cilantro, peanuts, and red onions, all blanketed in an awesome curry dressing, what’s not to love?! This week’s Whip It Up Wednesday recipe is ideal for work lunchboxes, quick dinners, or just plain fun eats.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients, and gluten free.
- 2 – 15.5 oz. cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 to ½ cup red onion, small dice
- ¾ cup celery, small dice (+/-)
- 1/3 cup carrots, matchstick cut
- ½ to ¾ cup gala apple, unpeeled, small dice (+/-)
- 2 Tablespoons jalapeno, small dice
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons golden raisins (+/-) (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain plant yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 2 ½ teaspoons sweet curry powder *
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch black pepper (+/-)
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, chopped (lightly salted) (+/-)
- Chopped cilantro
- Place the dressing ingredients into a small bowl, whisk, set aside.
- Place the drained and rinsed chickpeas into a medium sized bowl and roughly mash them with a potato masher. Do not turn them to mush.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients and dressing, mix well. Taste test for seasonings. Add additional seasonings to reach the desired flavor.
- Serve on bread, toast, crackers, tortilla wraps or lettuce wraps.
*Sweet Curry Powder: We really enjoy Penzeys Sweet Curry Powder, please feel free to use your favorite curry powder.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: 4 to 5
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 4 days.
*Nutrition Information: Does not include optional add-ins of raisins and peanuts.