Sweet, wholesome, and filled with plant-powered ingredients, these oil-free Vegan Crispy Oatmeal Cookies are the perfectly crunchy and oh-so-dunkable.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cups rolled oats, processed
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch sea salt *
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted almond butter *
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon molasses
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the oven rack in the upper center position.
- Line a baking sheet with silicone baking pads or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place ½ cup of rolled oats into the food processor, and pulse for 1 minutes to finely chop, then place into a large bowl.
- Then add all the remaining Dry Ingredients into the large bowl with the finely chopped oats, whisk until well combined.
- Next add the Wet Ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir until everything is mixed well. Use your hands to mix well, if needed. Stir in the raisins.
- Scoop up approximately 2 Tablespoons of cookie dough (about the size of a golf ball) and roll into a tightly packed cookie ball, then while still in your hands flatten into a disk and set onto the cookie sheet. Continue until all the dough has been rolled and flattened.
- Wash your hands, then with slightly dampened hands pick up each flattened cookie dish and press down to flattened further between your palms. Shore up the edges to ensure smooth cookie edges. Repeat with dampened hands until all the cookies have been flattened a second time.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 350 F for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Serving: Makes 10 to 11 cookies