We are never backing down with sauce. We are full steam ahead with delicious sauce creations and we’ve got a NEW sauce that sure to blow your mind. Tangy and bursting with robust olive flavor, this healthy Vegan Creamy Mediterranean Olive Sauce is fast, easy, and perfect for olive lovers who aren’t afraid to walk on the saucy side. Tangy olives and aromatic herbs bathed with a velvety cashew sauce makes for the perfect baked potato topper or dolloped on veggie bowls. It is sure to absolutely delight your taste buds, making it this week’s awesome Whip It Up Wednesday recipe.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients, and gluten free.
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 4 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant milk
- 1 Tablespoon miso
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/- to taste) *
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup finely chopped black (Kalamata) and green (Greek) olives, pitted
- In a small bowl, cover the raw cashews in boiling water, set aside to soak for 20 minutes (or fast method, place raw cashews in a small pan, cover with water and boil for 10 minutes, then briefly rinse with cold water to cool them down).
- In the meantime, measure out all your remaining ingredients directly into the high-speed blender, then set aside.
- After 20 minutes (or 10 with quick method), drain the cashews and discard the water, then add the cashews into the high-speed blender with all the dressing ingredients (except the Italian seasoning and olives) and emulsify until smooth.
- Place the sauce into a small bowl, add the Italian seasoning and finely chopped olives, stir well to incorporate. Allow to sit for 3 minutes to allow the flavors to marry. Serve over baked, boiled, roasted, or steamed potatoes.
*Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also substitute with chickpea miso for a soy free version.
*Tips: Refrigerating the dressing can cause it to thicken up, you may wish to add a splash of water to thin out, if needed.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes approximately 3/4 cup of dressing.
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 5 days.