Vibrant, flavorful, and full of nutritious goodness, this oil-free Vegan Creamy Corn Pasta Salad is perfect for lunches, pot lucks, and more!
- ¾ cup green bell peppers, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, fine dice
- 1 – [ 15 oz. can ] corn, drained
- 1 – [ 14 oz. can ] petite diced tomatoes, drained *
- 6 to 8 oz. dry GF fusilli pasta (or pasta of choice) *
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable broth *
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon organic maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon regular chili powder *
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Cook the fusilli pasta according to package directions, rinse thoroughly with cold water to stop the cooking process and remove excess starch, shake off excess water, set aside to use in Step 3.
- In the meantime, place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with boiling water and allow to sit for 15 minutes, then drain off and discard the water. Place the soaked cashews into a high-speed blender along with all the remaining Dressing Ingredients. Blend until smooth and emulsified. Set aside.
- Place all the Salad Ingredients (including the cooked pasta) into a large bowl, mix to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture, gently toss. Taste test for flavor. Add more seasoning, if needed. Best if served immediately at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.