Slightly chewy with crisp edges, these gluten free Vegan Coffee Hazelnut Cookies are coffee heaven in cookie form.
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, fine chop
- 1 cup rolled oats, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon maple sugar (or coconut sugar) *
- 2 to 4 teaspoons instant coffee *
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt *
- 1/2 cup [raw] cashew butter, room temperature *
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain plant milk *
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Other Optional Toppings:
- Vegan chocolate chips, melted (drizzle)
- Finely chopped roasted hazelnuts (sprinkle)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place oven rack in the upper center position. Line a large baking sheet (14 x 20) with silicone baking pads or parchment paper, set aside.
- Place the roasted hazelnuts into a food processor and process until finely chopped, almost to a flour, but not quite. Place into a large bowl, set aside.
- Place the rolled oats into the food processor, process for 15 to 20 seconds, just to chop. Place into the large bowl with the finely chopped roasted hazelnuts.
- Place all the remaining Dry Ingredients into the large bowl with the chopped hazelnuts and oats, whisk together.
- Then add all the Wet Ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir until well combined. The batter will come together but will be sticky.
- Scope up a rounded tablespoon sized ball of dough (one small cookie scoop), roll into a ball, and place on the large baking sheet (or divide between two regular sized baking sheets). Continue until all the cookies have been rolled. Space evenly as the batter does spread.
- Place into a preheated 350 F oven (upper center rack) for 13 to 15 minutes or until the cookies are set.
- Remove from the oven, allow to sit for 2 minutes on the baking sheet to firm up, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!!!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
* Servings: Makes 28 to 30 cookies